- Bridal & Formal Wear
- Bridal Shops
- Hair, Makeup & Fitness
- Honeymoon & Travel
- Marriage Celebrants
- Music & Entertainment
- Stationery & Accessories
- Wedding Cake Creators
- Wedding Caterers
- Wedding Ceremony Venues
- Wedding Extras
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Hire
- Wedding Photographers
- Wedding Planners
- Wedding Reception Venues
- Wedding Transport
Last updated: 23rd January 2010
'My Wedding Hour' provides an ongoing commitment to protecting your privacy and the security of the personal information provided by you.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for ‘Wedding Hour’ @ myweddinghour.com.au to demonstrate its commitment to ensure your security and privacy in relation to the collection and use of your personal information.
Your personal information is respected
‘Wedding Hour’ is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed within this privacy statement. In addition we recognise that your privacy is very important and that you have a right to control personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Personal information may include your name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, credit card information and IP address.
How the information is collected
Information is collected about you and your usage of this website at various points throughout this site. Information such as the duration, time of visit, and the pages you visited will be automatically recorded. This is to assist ‘Wedding Hour’ in improving the service provided to you and to ensure that advertisements on this Website are of interest to you. In these instances, the information we collect about you remains anonymous.
Collection of some of your personal information is essential for completion of some of the functions and activities of this Website. We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, also collect your personal information directly from you. For instance, the collection of your personal information may happen when you:
- click on a "Request more information" button and agree to proceed to fill out a "Request more information" form;
- complete and submit a "Register" form, a “My Wedding Hour Account Setup" form, an "Order Form" or similar form;
- submit an email or message to us through the Website; or
- provide information by telephone after visiting the Website.
Personal information may also be collected from:
- third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- publicly available sources of information;
- our own records of how you use our services; or
- legally required to do so.
Your personal information is handled by us in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
If you choose not to provide personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
What the information is used for
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify who you are;
- provide our products and services to you
- administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- enter into contracts with you;
- assist you to subscribe to our products and services;
- make changes to your profile;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- help us improve our products and services;
- conduct appropriate checks for creditworthiness and for fraud; and
- prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving the Website.
We might contact you to let you know about products, services, promotions or special offers that may interest you. If you do not want us to contact you to promote and market our products, services, promotions and special offers, please email: email@example.com
In order to meet your specific needs or provide you with a service which you have requested, we may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances, to third party organisations whose products or services you may require. This may happen when you click on a "Request more information" button and complete and submit a "Request more information" form. We may also disclose your personal information to our third party service partners who are engaged to assist in facilitating the provision of the products or services you may require. These third party service partners may carry out marketing, telemarketing and sales services, customer enquiries, debt recovery functions, market research and website usage analysis.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is:
- Required or authorised by law or government and regulatory authorities;
- We suspect that your use of this Website is in breach of the Terms & Conditions;
- To protect our rights or property;
- To lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety;
- To credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- To credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing); or
- To our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers.
Where your personal information is disclosed, we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles and other applicable privacy laws and codes.
Data Security - Protecting Your Personal Information
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic format. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- confidentiality agreements for our employees and contractors;
- security measures for systems access;
- only allowing access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements;
- access control;
However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit a website, and contain a unique, anonymous number. They are stored in the cookie directory of your hard drive, and do not expire at the end of your session. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them. In some instances this may mean you will not be able to take full advantage of parts of this Website.
We may use independent companies to measure and analyse Internet usage across this Website. The tracking collects the following core information on usage of this Website:
- The number of page views (or page impressions);
- The number of unique visitors;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the Website;
- Common entry and exit points into the Website.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing usage of this Website. The data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet sites.
Some advertisements (such as "banner" or “tower” advertisements) that you see displayed on this Website are delivered on our behalf by third party advertising companies. No personal data, for example your name, address, email address or telephone number are used during the course of serving our advertising, but, on our behalf, our third party advertisers may place or recognise a unique cookie on your browser. This cookie does not collect personal data about you nor is it linked to any personal data about you.
Links to other websites
Information provided in public areas such as ratings, reviews or forums?
Any information you post on the Website such as ratings, reviews and posts on bulletin boards and/or posts or communications in chat areas of the Website becomes public information by its nature. While we strive to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose in these areas.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. Therefore, we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address,
by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resolving Your Privacy Issues
Further information on privacy
For more information about privacy issues in Australia, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website (www.privacy.gov.au).